When the season to be jolly collides with a global pandemic, gifts that support health and well-being may be the most welcome of all. Here are eight wellness design gift ideas you can give to loved ones or yourself. After all, with so many extra stresses and responsibilities wrapped up in 2020, self-care is more important than ever before. Here’s a room by room list of suggestions.
1. Anti-fatigue mat – For the person who loves spending hours in the kitchen cooking, baking or just meal prepping for the week, an anti-fatigue mat will make that time less tiring and more comfortable. This is particularly true for people with stone or porcelain tile floors, but can benefit everyone. These mats are also ideal under a standing desk or workshop table.
2. Air fryer – This countertop appliance type has become very popular in recent years among fitness enthusiasts who want to enjoy the taste of fried foods without the extra fat and calories. Just as with any electronic product, there’s a wide range of features and related prices, depending on how much you cook at one time, how much space you have, and how much you want to spend.
MORE FOR YOU
3. Tub Tray – If every room in your home has been taken up with a study desk or work from home station, the only area you might get some peace and quiet is the bathroom. A tub tray with a relaxing candle, scrub and maybe even an escapist novel can turn your bath time into a spa-inspired experience.
4. Handheld massaging showerhead – This is a gift everyone will enjoy, whether they run trails, ride bikes, hike mountains or just retired after decades of a successful career. It can be installed fairly easily and removed when someone is ready to relocate. In the meantime, it adds accessibility, muscle comfort and functionality to the shower stall.
5. Desk riser – If someone you love is working from home for the foreseeable future, this wellness gift will enable him, her (or you!) to make your workstation both more ergonomic and more movement-friendly. Alternating standing and sitting during your workday is healthier and a desk riser is easy to adjust to the user’s preferred height during the day.
6. Suspension System – This exercise equipment type is useful for a whole body workout, and doesn’t require difficult installation in most cases. It’s far less expensive and bulky than a connected bicycle and could be an ideal fitness gift for someone planning to return to the gym when it’s safe to visit again.
7. Plant gifts – Plants offer numerous wellness benefits – from helping create a relaxing environment to providing some indoor air quality improvements – and can be a thoughtful gift for any budget. You can give a collection of seed packets, a plant-growing appliance, plant pots or even a green wall system for a premium gift.
8. Sunrise alarm clock – Noise is an irritant in the best of times, and an added stressor at these less-than-optimal ones. A sunrise alarm clock that wakes its users with light, rather than sound, can be a great gift for the right person. (Most of us know someone who requires the next world war to start over their headboard to get them up; that’s probably not the recipient for this gift idea.)